Last Update: June 2016
This site is intended for Australian residents.
Information You Provide
Some areas of the Site may ask you to submit personal information in order for you to benefit from the specified features (such as uploading of resumes). A full description of how this personal information may be processed, used, disclosed or stored by us is given to you in our Privacy Notice at the point of collection. You will be informed what information is required and what information is optional.
We may combine the information you submit with information we receive about you from other sources, such as publicly available information sources (including information from your publicly available social media profiles), and other third parties.
Passive Information Collection and Use
As you navigate around the Site, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information), using various technologies. We and our third party service providers passively collect and use information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version. We may collect similar information, such as your device type and identifier, if you access the Site through a mobile device.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site.
- Device Information:We may collect information about your mobile device, such as a unique device identifier.
How We Use and Disclose Information
We may use and disclose information you provide to us as described to you at the point of collection.
We may also use information from or about you:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you documents you request or e-mail alerts;
- to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information; and
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our products and services, identifying Site usage trends and personalizing your experience on the Site.
We may also disclose information collected through the Site:
- to our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting and moderating, mobile application hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, e-mail and direct mail delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services, and other services, in order to enable them to provide services; and
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
In addition, we may use and disclose information collected through the Site as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) as permitted by, or required under, applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. We may also use and disclose information collected through the Site in other ways, with your consent.
We may also use and disclose information we collect passively as described above, under “Passive Information Collection and Use,” and for any other purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law (for example, if we are required to treat such information as personal information). In addition, we may use and disclose information that is not in personally identifiable form for any purpose. If we combine information that is not in personally identifiable form with information that is (such as combining your name with your geographical location), we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
Third Party Sites and Services
We use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Choices and Access
How You Can Access, Change, or Delete Your Personal Information
If you would like to revoke your consent, review, correct, update, or delete the personal information that you have provided via the Site, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Update my information”. We will comply with your request within such timeframe required by applicable law or otherwise as soon as reasonably practicable.
Use of Site By Minors
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of 13, and we request that these individuals not provide Personal Information through the Site.
Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or otherwise to us. In those cases where we may request or invite you to provide sensitive information, we will do so with your express consent.
- Executive Assistant
- Tasmanian Alkaloids Pty Ltd
- PO Box 130
- Westbury TAS 7303
- Tell us the details of your complaint including relevant dates and third parties (if any);
- Provide copies of any relevant documents or correspondence;
- How you would prefer for us to contact you with our reply.
- Acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 2-3 business days;
- Provide you with a written response to your complaint within 10-15 business days - depending upon the complexity of your complaint this could be at an earlier or later time.
Please note guidance from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (‘OAIC’) requires any complaint must first be made to the respondent organization. The law also allows 30 days for the respondent organization to reply before a complainant may make a complaint to the OAIC.
You can obtain further general information about your privacy rights and privacy law from the OAIC by:
- calling their Privacy Hotline on 1300 363 992
- visiting their web site at http://www.oaic.gov.au
- writing to:
The Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 104